No, I am not an expert in any modality or therapy. However, I am more than happy to share my understanding which I acquired during my 8-years old healing and personal growth journey. You see, I suffered from all sorts of physical, mental and emotional diseases and ailments all my life. I never experienced happiness in my life, though I had fun and pleasure here and there. There is huge difference between being happy and having fun. Having fun is a momentary and superficial feeling while being happy is deep feeling that is hard to describe in words. It is like describing blue color to a blind man. Mindset affects body and vice versa.
I was suicidal for year and half from 2001-2002. I had depression and anxiety almost all my life and wasn’t aware of until I was diagnosed in 1997-1998. I experienced and experimented with so many psychiatric medicines such as Effexor, Depakote, Risperdal, Lithium, Paxil, Abilify and Xanax.
I experienced negative and destructive emotions such as Anger, fear, resentment, bitterness, jealousy, envy, frustration, regret etc on a predominant basis. In 2005, I received 55 sessions (Once a week) of Cognitive behavior therapy. In 2008, I had 12 EMDR sessions.
I also had physical disease such as chronic constipation, chronic cough (7 months out of a year), fatigue and frequent urination. I had consulted many experienced specialist doctors. They performed all the lab tests and examined me, but they were not able to help me.
I was forced to start my healing and personal growth journey in June 2015. Slowly but surely I got cured from almost all physical, mental and emotional diseases. I got healed in early 2022. I started being happy most of the times. No, I am NOT happy all the time. No one is in my experience. You need to be Un-happy sometimes to know what happiness is. I would love to share my understanding. Here are important lessons:
- Healing is a journey, not a destination. You are a UNIQUE individual and as such your journey would be different than mine, but the laws of happiness and health are universal. You could follow the same practices and principles I did and learn from my experience instead of learning from your own mistakes.
- The word “dis-ease” simply means that mind—body is not at ease. The individual is affected by Stress which is the major cause for almost all diseases. Please understand that Stress is not necessarily bad thing as long as it is acute stress. Acute stress is a short-term stress. For instance, you suffer from stress for a short period of time such as getting jam in traffic or an argument with spouse. On the other hand stress that lasts for weeks or months indicate chronic stress. Chronic stress can impact your overall health in a negative way.
- Happiness is a state of mind and a habit. You need to cultivate happiness mindset if you are not born with it. Happiness and health usually goes together meaning if you are happy then it is easier to be healthy. But if you are Un-happy then it will affect your overall health in a negative way.
- I would suggest working on Mind—Body—Spirit dimensions to get the maximum benefits. True healing (not just managing symptoms) has Mind—body connections.
- Empowering Mindset—-Healthy diet—Physical exercise—Connection to nature—social connection and Deep sleep. They all play important role in your happiness and healthy.
Do you really DESIRE to be Happy and Healthy??
If you are then I could guide you by discussing different modalities or therapies such as Acupuncture, Cognitive behavior therapy, EMDR, Reiki, Hypnotherapy, Anger management etc.
I will also discuss negative and destructive emotions such anger, fear, bitterness, regret, jealousy, envy etc.
Disclosure: However, this blog is for informational purposes only. You need to use your own discretion and get medical and psychological help if needed.